How much time should we spend with them

WheekHearted

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am not even talking so much as in time bonding with them. I know When they have a friend/s they are usually social with each other which they need more than their owner. How much time should we spend with them though? Basically do they require a specific amount of time with their humans or is any amount time fine?

I think it really depends on the guinea pigs themselves. Some seem to really enjoy company and others not so much. As long as their needs are being met, health and wellbeing checks are being done then it should be fine.

I have my 4 piggies out on a blanket on the settee with me 3-4 times a week as they don’t like being handled. They mainly just lay down and fall asleep why I stroke them. They seem to enjoy this mummy / piggy time but I think it’s more for my benefit than theirs. Their cage is upstairs in the spare room and I pop in several times a day to check up on them, feed them and replenish their hay etc.

So long as your piggies needs are being met and they have companionship of their own kind, they will be fine x

Back