How much room for 3 piggies?

• Thread starter Thread starter teabag
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teabag

Howdy,

I currently have two piggies housed in a P@H Parsley Den hutch, its 4ft by 2.5ft ish. I am hoping to add another piggie to the clan in the very near future, how much extra room would i need?

I was wondering if we could adapt the hutch as its very tall. Would adding another level within the hutch be ok? Or do you think it would be better to buy a custom made 2 level hutch?

Ta

You'd need 5x2. Problem with adding a second level is you will loose some space on the floor wihere the ramp is so not sure really. :-\ Good luck with it though! :)

Personally i'd say that if you added another level to the hutch and made sure they had acces to a run (attached to the hutch) as well it shouldn't be a problem. Woudl take up a lot of space but is worth it for your piggies happiness. xx

I had thought about getting my husbands dad to add another level on top of what we have (he's very handy like that!), so I think thats the best plan! We have a huge run for them already, not attached to the hutch, but they get out in it every day so hope that would be ok!

Thanks for the advice!

if they are in it every day i wouldn't worry. I always remember when i was 10yrs we have 4 piggies in a single storey hutch and they were in the house every night for a run around. The would come in the house into an indoor cage in the winter, and they were fine and happy they lived to they were 6 and 7yrs old. However now i know about sizes and things and have my own piggies i'd say more is better. Just tell your husband to watch his hands when he's using the hammer. haha xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back