How Much Poop? And Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys got my piggies yesterday they are in an insulated hutch in a shed ( I will get pics! ) they are on fleece liners I made so fit perfectly the cage size. They are pooping a lot and in the corners, so the poop is getting stuck down the fleece and hutch. Should I make edges on my lingers or add toilets or fleece corner pockets?

Are they pooping a lot because they are new or is this common? It's not sloppy or smelly just a fair amount I guess I wasn't expecting for 2 baby guinea pigs x

Guinea pigs produce a huge quantity of poops. They are little poop machines! This is a very healthy sign as it means their guts are working. It is only when they stop pooping that you have to worry. I think it is a good idea of yours to add a line to prevent the poops getting trapped down the fleece. Some people also use litter trays in the corner and add hay.

I think it will be easier to add a border and sew it together I will show you once I do it lol

Guinea pigs poop poop poop a lot. Lol. Sometimes I actually wonder if I really only have 2 piggies due to the amount of poops some mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back