How much of these veggies?

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How much of the following veggies can they have each day?

Lettuce leaves
Mixed leaf salad (green and red multi leaf)
Cucumber
Pepper
Coriander

For my boys, I give them romaine lettuce twice a day, morning and night.
All other veggies, I give them when I have them once a day, so total of 3X a day of veggies and fruits. I also give them some fruits like blueberry, apple, watermelon melon and etc when I have them in place of other veggies. So, romaine lettuce is the only veggie they get on a daily basis.
They also get a spoonful of Oxbow Essentials guinea pig food once a day. Most importantly, I always make sure they have endless hay all throughout the day.

Does the following sound ok? This is for two piggies. Perry is on a low calcium diet so choice is a bit limited.

Morning - slice of cucumber (one day a week on shopping day this will be a small piece of apple instead) and medium lettuce leaf (usually sweet gem or romaine, occasionally little gem or cos)

Evening - either a small handful of mixed leaf salad (red and green multi leaf lettuce) or another medium/two small lettuce leaves (same variety as the morning), slice of pepper (green or red), few stems of coriander for Lola when we have any.

They used to have a few spinach leaves or small piece of broccoli occasionally in the evening but Perry isn’t allowed those anymore.

They don’t have pellets now so is this veg too little/enough/too much?

Edited to say they have lots of hay available all the time - two meadow hays and a timothy hay. On dry days I pick them a bit of grass but can’t get loads.

The things listed are each sorry. So slice of cucumber each, lettuce leaf each etc..

Back