How much fresh food for 2 piggies?

roundpotato

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, is this an ok amount of vegetables per day or should i give more? One romaine leaf and the things on top of it for one piggy and the other leaf for second piggy.food.webp

The amount is one cup per pig per day.

i personally give a lot more than you have pictured here.
Mine get (each) around 5-6 sprigs of coriander plus another herb each, a lettuce leaf, a chunk of cucumber and a piece of pepper about twice the size of the one you have pictured

The amount is one cup per pig per day.

i personally give a lot more than you have pictured here.
Mine get (each) around 5-6 sprigs of coriander plus another herb each, a lettuce leaf, a chunk of cucumber and a piece of pepper about twice the size of the one you have pictured
Ok thank you i will definitely feed more then! I don't know why I thought it would be too much.

The other one doesn't seem to like pepper, coriander or celery much at all. Can i give one cup of lettuce and cucumber instead or should i try different foods and see what he likes?

Ok thank you i will definitely feed more then! I don't know why I thought it would be too much.

The other one doesn't seem to like pepper, coriander or celery much at all. Can i give one cup of lettuce and cucumber instead or should i try different foods and see what he likes?

One cup is a guide per pig.
I tend to feed leafy veg and mostly herbs. Some herbs such as parsley are too high in calcium to be fed daily though.

I wouldn’t feed one cup of just cucumber and lettuce. It will be very watery and not much provide much nutrition.
Try different colours of peppers or other veggies. The list below details what is safe. You just need to make sure you don’t feed high calcium veg more than once a week

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

One cup is a guide per pig.
I tend to feed leafy veg and mostly herbs. Some herbs such as parsley are too high in calcium to be fed daily though.

I wouldn’t feed one cup of just cucumber and lettuce. It will be very watery and not much provide much nutrition.
Try different colours of peppers or other veggies. The list below details what is safe. You just need to make sure you don’t feed high calcium veg more than once a week

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading
Yeah it's confusing sometimes to find what exactly is good to feed but i'll try and find things they like and are good to feed daily.

Just to be clear does one cup equal 2,5 dl?

Piggies can be very fussy about what they like or don’t like.
Mine have just decided that fresh pea shoots are to be avoided at all costs.
The girls also refused to eat any pepper unless it was red.
Then Micah joined the herd and he didn’t know about avoiding green, yellow or orange pepper. He just ate them.

Don’t get stressed about the amount - I work on the basis of about one handful per piggy in the afternoon, one lettuce leaf each in the morning and a handful of herbs to share around midday if I’m around.

My boys do like a green bean or two
I tend to give their veg at tea time and then at bedtime I give a few sprigs of coriander ( total daily veg approx 1 handful per piggy)

How often can kale and brussels sprouts be fed? And how do i give brussels sprout, do i peel some leaves off of it or just give the whole thing?

How often can kale and brussels sprouts be fed? And how do i give brussels sprout, do i peel some leaves off of it or just give the whole thing?

Kale is one small amount only once a week. It is a high calcium veg so can’t be fed much.
Sprouts are also only once a week due to the fact brassicas can cause gas/bloat. You can give the whole thing but don’t give more than one. If they’ve not had them before, then I would only give them half a sprout at a time.
I don’t give mine a whole sprout though, I do only give a couple of the outer leaves

Back