How many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've set up a pig-sty in my garage - it is made out of a 48" dog crate with a fenced area attached and, in total, is over 7' x 4' in area... I have put my 2 girlies in and plan to put my boar in once he has been neutered... my question is: how many other sows can I add to the area? and should I introduce piglet sows or adult sows?
Thanks! :)

Hmm...well..let's think ;D

30" x 76" is good for four piggies - let's say (just to make it easy) that's 2' x 6'
Soo, 4' x 6' could have eight..soo...yeah. I'll leave you to work out the rest ;D

Jane said:
Soo, 4' x 6' could have eight..soo...yeah. I'll leave you to work out the rest ;D

:D I think I'd get in trouble if brought home that many! ;D
I think between 2-4 more girls would be good... :)

5x2 houses 3
6x2 houses 4
7 x2 houses 5 x2 = 10! :D

I'm not sure what is best to introduce, I guess it depends on their personalities, are they bossy?

Good luck with it. :)

:) Nope Faye has a 7x4 space so I worked it out 7x2 then double it for the other half of the area. It's the only way I can do it! >:D

goldilocks said:
good luck faye :)

Thanks - I've not had a colony before!

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
5x2 houses 3
6x2 houses 4
7 x2 houses 5 x2 = 10! :D

I'm not sure what is best to introduce, I guess it depends on their personalities, are they bossy?

Good luck with it. :)

10 :o
Helen is a pretty bossy girl... Hebe isn't and I don't know what Ravy will be like with other pigs until he loses his balls! :)

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
:) Nope Faye has a 7x4 space so I worked it out 7x2 then double it for the other half of the area. It's the only way I can do it! >:D
Oh right ;D O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back