How Many Pigs?

JohnLpool

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys, following my previous post I have opted for a 2X5 C&C cage with a 2X2 loft and I’m just waiting for it to be delivered. I am just wondering how many pigs I could comfortably accommodate in this? Would 3 be too many? I don’t want to overcrowd them!

3 would be fine in this set up :)

Don't get three boars though. Boar trios rarely work, we have lots of post on the forum after fall outs from nasty fights.

Hi guys, following my previous post I have opted for a 2X5 C&C cage with a 2X2 loft and I’m just waiting for it to be delivered. I am just wondering how many pigs I could comfortably accommodate in this? Would 3 be too many? I don’t want to overcrowd them!

Hi! This would serve 3 sows, 2 sows and a neutered boar or two boars.
Please do not opt for a boar trio - they have very high fail rate; up to 90% for baby boar trios. Boars also need as much as space as you can give them while they go through puberty. If you want to skip that stage, consider rehoming well bonded adult boars past the tricky from a good rescue.

@VickiA : Do you still have the 3 bonded cuddly sows available for adoption at The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue in Kidsgrove?

Since guinea pigs are ground roamers, upper stories are great, but they don't count towards the ultimate space. They give the piggies are great opportunity to ge away from each other, so they have a role to play.

Cage Size Guide
Boars, sows or mixed pairs; babies or adults?

Only just seen this post.
Your set up would be perfect for 3 sows or 2 sows and a neutered boar.
My 3 gorgeous cuddly girls are reserved and shortly to go to their new home. But we have 2 other pairs of sows available for adoption - here is the link to the website page. Sows for adoption

Back