How many piggies for Nero 4 cage

• Thread starter Thread starter BEATRICE
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BEATRICE

I have 3 piggies that Ive had 3 years and they have a wonderful set up but Ive been given a Nero 4. Just wondering how many piggies can comfortably fit in a a nero 4 cage. Measurement are 119" long by 64 " wide and high, so nearly 4ft long. They will have a run for the day. I'm also thinking about making another layer as its very high. Thanks

Anyone please ? I'm not buying any new piggies just considering if I will use this set up or not ?

I'm thinking.. almost 4ft you say, but have access to the run throughout the day? Hmmm I would guess that it would be ok, but not ideal though..

The run is brilliant, but I guess not the cage alone :)

If you were to make an extra level for sure then yes :)

I have a similar sized cage and have two longhaired girls in it - I wouldn't put anymore in as their hair takes up quite a bit of room ;D However if they weren't longhaired I would have three pigs in it. I've added a loft and a ramp which they love and they chase each other up and down (in fun, I think/hope)

i would say only 2. I've got the 140 cage which is bigger than the nero4 and i wouldnt put more than 2 in.
owl xx

kayjay said:
I have a similar sized cage and have two longhaired girls in it - I wouldn't put anymore in as their hair takes up quite a bit of room ;D However if they weren't longhaired I would have three pigs in it. I've added a loft and a ramp which they love and they chase each other up and down (in fun, I think/hope)

msg for kayjay - sorry not quite worked out how to reply properly ::) how did you add a loft with ramp to your cage? ive got the rabbit140 cage which is big but i'd love to add another level.
owl x

owl said:
msg for kayjay - sorry not quite worked out how to reply properly ::) how did you add a loft with ramp to your cage? ive got the rabbit140 cage which is big but i'd love to add another level.
owl x

I've used two 'argos' grids, bent up at the edges then one more curved one as a ramp. Covered in vet bed and they love it and it gives them more interest.

I'll pm you with a link to a good site with pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back