How long does it take ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
for roughly 1 year old gp boys to settle in? Ronald and Donald went out in their run today but spent most of their time in their tube. They have let me touch them and make little friendly noises but I'm worried I'm not doing it right. I've had the girls since they were babies and they are dead easy to please but these two spend much of their time in their little room bit :( any ideas on what I can do to encourage them a little? I do use the food idea going out with food every time I check on them, which I think works as donald took some parsley from my hand yesterday. I'm just a little worried about them!

I got my girls as babies and they wouldnt come out their hidey holes, but I put the hutch by the back door and they got used to us walking past and me peeping in twice a day with freash food. It took a good month before they would come out and they still hide in the run when they see the washing on the line blowing(scaredy cats!) but give it time and they will be wheeking at you soon, trust me. Just spend time talking to them (haha the neighbours think I am mad) 98)

When I got my two girls, unfortunately, they were my first small animal and I didn't get them any place to hide. I quickly realized my problem and ran out to the store in about an hour to buy one. For the first few weeks they wouldn't come out of it when I was near, but I held their vegetables in front of their igloo and they would eat with me still holding them. After a while, they would come out further and be out more. They just have to get used to your presence.

Well said Karisou O0

Yes lots of patience and a little tidbit of bribery goes a long way ;) Sit with them on the floor during play time too, so they get used to you being around and they will eventually let you join in with them :smitten:

Mhmm...now when I sit on the floor with them they sometimes will hop right into my lap! :smitten:

thanks everyone just having a little moment of have I done the right thing but I know I have I think I'm a little too excited and I want them to be out popcorning and enjoying their huge space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back