How long does it take for a Texels hair to fully grow?

TheGreekGirls109

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I got a texel mix of something from a pet shop and her hair was really short a curly when I got her and couple months later it looks like a wavy skirt with some coils in the center. The curls are mostly around her butt and upper chest but it seems like it's starting to swirl upward and the sides of her seem to be getting more curly too I was just wondering when her hair is gonna fully stop curling it's mostly wavy right now but she has 3 tightly coiled hooville looking curls I'm justa bit confused I only ever had a short hair

Given she is a mix (as most piggies are), we just wouldn’t know how her genetics are going to play their part in what her hair does

As you have a Texel, she will need daily grooming. I have a texel and I groom her top coat and undercoat daily. She doesn't like it but is getting used to it. I gently got her used to the comb over a number of months before I did a proper job. I also cut most of her skirt off and her undercoat to make it easier.

Here is my guide to help you.

An Illustrated Guide to Hair Cutting

Texel reference :))

Attachments

• images (9).webp
    images (9).webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 5
As you have a Texel, she will need daily grooming. I have a texel and I groom her top coat and undercoat daily. She doesn't like it but is getting used to it. I gently got her used to the comb over a number of months before I did a proper job. I also cut most of her skirt off and her undercoat to make it easier.

Here is my guide to help you.

An Illustrated Guide to Hair Cutting
I never combed mines hair it's never gotten tangled before but wouldn't coming it comb out her curls?

ive a minipil girl and a lunkayra mix girl both five.i keep the hair around the bum and sides short,it gets very messy ,holding hay and any other bits.i use a brush to brush the hair occassionally,but it can pull on the skin .

I never combed mines hair it's never gotten tangled before but wouldn't coming it comb out her curls?
The top layer of my Texel's fur is generally OK its the underlayers that need attention. The curls comb out initially but curl back up again.

Back