How high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick question if you are making built in hutches how high do they have to be? I was thinking 2ft but Peter thinks we can get away with 18 inches!

Thanks!

Louise
x

Quite a lot of them seem to be 18" for pigs, I guess it's not as if they jump like rabbits... perhaps have a look at some of the dimensions of hutches for sale on Ebay or somewhere and check?

Sophie
x

Thanks Sophie, good idea. Was going to make Tikas hutch 8x2 and 3 ft high and the 4 Sows 8x2 above Tika and above the girls 2 4x2's for the 2 sets of boys and Twinkle and Milo in the Lavander Lodge. Will free up cages for Rescues as well! :)

that is a good idea Louise

Is it cheaper to make hutches than buy them

mark was going to make a couple for me

Julie

Guinea pigs don't need that much height but it is needed for ventilation! O0 My top of the hutch is about 16" high but wish I'd made it 18"!

06-06-07_1832-1.jpg

It doesn't look that high because of the wood across the front! O0

Thanks for that. Want to give Tika 3ft to periscope so 18inches should be enough. We were going to build a shed but I thought we have one already its not that huge but it will do with built in hutches and will be so much cheaper! Just where will I put them when Peter is doing it...lol It will have to be done in a day I think or as good as! :D

Sheds can be dark even with plenty of windows. The higher the built in hutchs are will help it be lighter inside thier homes. Hope that makes sense LOL. I have the plans drawn up for my shed just waiting for it to warm up enough to put them outside to start it. dont forget you have got to clean them out and the lower they are the harder it might be to clean. Hope you did not mind me sticking my pennies in :)

Thanks Michelle. :) I think my best bet is measure it I can fit four 4x2's stacked in the shed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back