• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How do you know if piggy is blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have often wondered about digbys sight as he doesnt go to certain places in the cage he Never goes in the top section of the cage he stays on the middle and bottom, the top section has a ramp then a little seating bit then another ramp but he never goes up it. I would be interested to know how you find out if they have bad eye sight ?

I'm not sure but I think it would be if the pupil didn't react to light.

You are right.Blind pioggies can manage very well because their eyesight is not very good anyway.They rely on the senses of smell and hearing which is very acute.

will go out tonight and check that then O0

He has very pink eyes any thing else to look out for?

my dakota was blind in both eyes but he had a milky tint to them he was a very poorly piggie (he was brain damaged at birth and only lived a year) but he managed very well i just left everything where he could find it and i never moved anything like mary said they rely alot on there other senses anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back