How are you coping?

Chrissy24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Currently brought pompom and blossom inside. They have water, ice packs etc... its 26° inside but hotter out so hoping its enough. I've read and re read the guides . Even gave pompom a haircut. They are on the kitchen floor which is tiled. Can't believe how hot it is! I will add a pic later.

In the meantime how are you and yours coping?

Glad your two are enjoying their time inside. My two piggies usually live in my garage which is lovely and cool but I’m currently nursing one of them as he’s had an abscess. They have been in my house for 10 days so far. The room the are in is north facing so it doesn’t get any direct sunlight. So they are thankfully managing well. My dog on the other hand is hating this weather.

My 2 boys have frozen water bottles in socks, ice packs in covers, a cold wet towel and I crushed up ice and put it in their water bottles. Had fridged a big bottle of water overnight to fill their bottles with this morning too. Covered the windows in the room they’re in and left the windows on the latch. All curtains in the house closed. I’m in work all day so I’ve done my absolute best. Just got to hope it’s enough 😥

We're doing ok thanks to all the tips being shared on here. All mine are inside and acting as usual thankfully. Dogs seem to be ok, haven't seen the hamster but no doubt he's fine. A bit worried about the rats as they're oldies now so keeping an eye.

I'm glad we don't have piggies at the present. It's far too hot for me and I've been struggling today, just makes me feel a bit sick. We're currently in the living room with the fan on, the dogs lying on the marble fireplace and the toddlers running around in just her pants. I was tempted to do the same but knowing my luck someone would turn up at the door and I'd scare the life out of them

We’re doing ok, got wet towels in cages and all 9 piggies seem to appreciate them, they probably wondering what it is but they standing on them or trying to taste them, I’ve put them under the cold water bottles so they good, hope everyone else is

i think mine are okay! i’ve had them inside i’m the house in the coolest room, i thought it was perfect as it felt super cool compared to everywhere else (37°) but i just put a thermometer and it’s actually 28°! freaked out a bit so now there’s lots of cold towels and extra water everywhere. they seem to be quite happy and are mostly avoiding the towels so i assume that means they’re cool enough already?

I'm glad today is over! I've struggled today let alone the poor piggies and other animals . I'm another one with toddlers running around in pretty much nothing . Haha its just too hot!

Back