housing dad with mum and daughters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
do you think housing a dad piggy whom is neutered would be able to live with his 3 daughters and the mum? I am thinking about it, as the girls are starting to argue quite a bit and mum I think misses him as she keeps hiding all the time again and when she goes over to the cage she stands up looking at him (he lives on his own) and wondered if maybe this could work putting them all together if I got dad snipped? I don't really have any room to buy another cage and house mum with dad alone, but could put dads cage together so they have 3 cages in one. thank you.

well i f youve got the room to house them all in comfortable then i dont see why not if you do get him neutered :)

He might be the boss of all the ladies and put them in place so they are all equally the same so there may be less arguing and that :D

Good Luck if you do decide to go ahead with it O0

I am doing this aswell. I have mum, dad and 2 daughters they all have play time together as dad was neutered the day straight away.
They all get along very well so when I get some spare money I will get a massive double cage for them x

I think I will try it - I'll speak to the vets in the week about getting Coco snipped and will go from there. His cage is a nero 3, so i think the cages all put together will be just over 9 ft by 2, so hopefully that is bigger enough.

yep he'll need to be neutered first, then wait 4 weeks after the op as he'll still be able to make babies before that!!

ah right, I didn't know that he could still get them pregnant before 4 weeks after he's had his operation - thanks for letting me know.

Hope it works for you,I got mum (who was pregnant when she arrived)2 girls & dad that was promptly neutered living together,also introduced a baby girl to the group recently,after a few squeaks& squeals everyone living happily together

I haven't been able to get dad done yet, there's only two vets by me and the only one who really deals with piggies is £64 to get him done! so it will have to wait until I get paid in a few weeks - I cant go finding a new vets outside of the town i live as I dont drive so am limited where i can go - but am really hoping i can get him done as soon as i can and hopefully he can sort the girls out!

i got a similar quote when i priced up neutering for merlin.

hope you can get him done soon, i bet they would be really happy together :)

wales1000 said:
I haven't been able to get dad done yet, there's only two vets by me and the only one who really deals with piggies is £64 to get him done! so it will have to wait until I get paid in a few weeks - I cant go finding a new vets outside of the town i live as I dont drive so am limited where i can go - but am really hoping i can get him done as soon as i can and hopefully he can sort the girls out!

What area of the country do you live in ? I know a few vets cheaper than that - one is almost half !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back