housing advice needed.

• Thread starter Thread starter sarsmccabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarsmccabe

Just got a phone call for my sister, who has stupidly went and bought 4 female guinea pigs. The pet shop sold her a 120cm long cage and said they would be fine in there. I have just argued with her saying that is no way big enough. Can anyone give me advice on what size she'd need so i can tell her. when i had 4 females they were outsidde so have no idea on what size of indoor cage she'll need. I cant believe she's been so daft.

Arggghhh :tickedoff: ! You must be mad at her!

4' x 2' is the recommended size for 2 pigs, sounds like the one she's got is about the size?

If she got them from a petshop, someone should check a) they are def. all sows! and b) they haven't been in with boars - or there might be a population explosion!

Sophie
x

honestly she's off her head. she knows the problems i have with my two boys from a shop and i have no idea what she was thinking. Its completely stupid. She needs a bigger cage but i just dont know what to suggest to her.

Did she buy them on a whim?!

They might be ok in there if they're small babies but they will definitely need more space as soon as they grow a bit. Could she buy another 4 x 2' and split them into two pairs? Or do a C&C grid cage that's large enough?

Why 4?! Most people start with a pair!

Let's just hope to high heaven that they are not all pregnant too!

Poor you, you must be fuming!

she has 4 girls and they fell in love with my boys at the weekend, so am guessing she stupidly thought she would get them one each. I hope they aren't pregnant she wouldn't cope. i will suggest a c&c to her. i couldn't even speak to her, that isn't responsible pet ownership.

She needs a 6x2 C&C would be better. I have a P@H Lavander Lodge in doors with 4 girls in but I am making a 2ft upstairs to make it suitable for them all to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back