Hot Hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Guys, it's hot today, i have just taken a reading and the top hutch is reading 30 degrees C!

You can Imagine I have plenty of cold stuff going on but I am still worrying. Anyone tried using snugglesafe as an ice pod? I tried one the other day and it worked fine. Lots of bottle changes going on as well.

Keep your furries cool today peeps.

Did u freeze the whole snuggle safe pad? I've been using the cover and putting one of those gel freeze bags inside; the g-pigs have enjoyed it but it doesn't stay cold for very long! Would it also be okay to put ice cubes inside the water bottle or would that be too cold for there little mouths?

Aww it is very hot, over here it's 24 so not as hot but it's the hottest it's been so far. I've been keeping their water cool, we've have all the windows in the house open but it's still a worry! I gave them lots of watery veggies too like cucumber... :)

Did you freeze the whole snuggle safe pad? I've been using the cover and putting one of those gel freeze bags inside; the g-pigs have enjoyed it but it doesn't stay cold for very long! Would it also be okay to put ice cubes inside the water bottle or would that be too cold for there little mouths?
Hi Shauny, yes the whole thing minus the cover. I tried one of the gel freeze things, it didn't end well. Best not to use anything they can chew, it's surprising how much they will bite into, I swear they feel everything with their mouths. Well so far, they have worked fine, not as good as ice pods, but since I only have one...I really need more, but have been using plastic bottles instead. It's fair to say, not only have the piggies got a a whole section of the fridge, they have one in the freezer now...oh and I am now sporting my new avatar of Jack, goodness hasn't he grown!
Aww it is very hot, over here it's 24 so not as hot but it's the hottest it's been so far. I've been keeping their water cool, we've have all the windows in the house open but it's still a worry! I gave them lots of watery veggies too like cucumber... :)
Cucumber is great for trying to keep them cool. I gave jack & Flossie a run around in the shade later, and boy did they enjoy the grass then...cool shade, cool grass, what's more a pig to like?!

Thanks, it's a more grown up Captain Jack...he's just an adorable character. I swear when he walks I can hear some barry white music playing in my head! :lol!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back