Horse bedding - 'easibed'; like megazorb?

• Thread starter Thread starter piggytoefluff
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggytoefluff

Happy New Year piggy people!

I'm going to be trying different types of bedding over the coming weeks, I'm buying some russell rabbit short-chop straw stuff today, but my next trial will be a megazorb type medium. While searching for megazorb suppliers I came across this product; Easibed. This is what the manfacturer as to say about it:

As the leading brand of premium quality dust free horse bedding, easibed has never been more popular. Competition riders, studs, racing yards, big show organisers and leisure riders have all discovered just how much time, effort and money can be saved with easibed.

Manufactured from carefully selected recycled whitewood fibre, easibed is also one of the ‘greenest’ bedding products and makes a warm, comfortable, supportive, free-draining bed that stays dry on top. Horses on easibed also stay cleaner as it doesn’t cling to manes, tails or rugs.

easibed is economical to use as it’s very quick and easy to muck out. It also generates a minimal amount of bedding for the muck heap, making it cheaper and easier to dispose. What’s more, not only does easibed look great in the stable, but because it doesn’t blow about, the yard stays tidier too.

Here's the link: http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Horse_Bedding.html

Has anyone ever heard of this stuff or tried it before?

Hi I line my two pigguns cage with easibed i think its really good and absorbant and i like that it is quite heavy therefore isnt thrown out of the cage when their popcorning but they still have cuddle cups and a sofa to sleep on

Thats what i use :D :D :D :D :D
Its FAB O0
10/10 i would say and it looks sooo nice too after youve cleaned them out and you dont need to clean their cages out as often with this stuff as its very absorbant :) Although i clean my piggies out twice a week and add new hay on top everyday in their bedding area O0

I use 3 things when i clean out mine and one is easibed, bliss and sawdust :)
I use one whole bag each month then change 0:)

I have been looking for an alternative for wood shavings for a while now.
Can I ask what size bag in comes in? It doesnt say on the link.
I work for a Equine supplies so she might be able to get some in for me.

Emma x

oooh now your asking i do not no to be honest :P It is quite big ::) like thats any use but yeah i get mine from a farm and they have lots of horse stuff and thats what i use at the moment mine are on sawdust then bliss then easibed as ive just finished the easibed bag :D
sorry couldnt help :-\

has anyone got a close up picture of what it looks like?

Its just small light woodchips to me thats what it looks like - will see if i have a piccie now but i doubt ive took one of their bedding ;D ;D ;D

STA73035.jpg
only piccie i took of easibed but thats no use ;D ;D (in background)

STA70013.jpg

This is bliss what i use- for horses
cremzmunchin.jpg

and easibed for horses ;)

Heres the main suppliers web site http://www.easibed.co.uk/easibed_benefits.htm
there is also a even better easibed too, I have been thinking of changing to it as my megazorb supplier is no longer gonna stock megazorb but I have seen the very large bales of this there and they would last ages.

Is there anywhere else to buy it? That link above charges a tenner for P£P. Also, how long would you guess a bale would last with 3 nero 4's?

This palce does it and it is a large bag for £6.00 it is 6 miles from Taunton.

Golden Hill Pet Supplies
Spy Post
Exeter Road
Wellington
Somerset
TA21 9PY
Tel: 01823 665555
Fax: As above Wide range of pet, horse and farm animal feed and accessories.
Selection of hutches, runs, cages & bedding.
All at competitive prices.
Helpful staff. Easy parking.

sammy said:
Is easibed like auboise ?
I dont use auboise do i wouldnt know ;)
Damonshumanslave said:
Does it smell?
It smells of nothing O0
Damonshumanslave said:
Is there anywhere else to buy it? That link above charges a tenner for P£P. Also, how long would you guess a bale would last with 3 nero 4's?
I get mine from my local farm for about £10 and it lasts me a month 0:)

damon you can get here in Bristol at nichols horse supplies and it comes in quite large bales they obviously sell a lot of it as there is tons there, I think I am going to give it ago.

Now that I realise it's like wood chips I def won't be buying any! I thought it was squishy like megazorb. I've tried auboise and I thought it was dreadful stuff so it's put me off anything 'chippy'. :(

piggytoefluff said:
Now that I realise it's like wood chips I def won't be buying any! I thought it was squishy like megazorb. I've tried auboise and I thought it was dreadful stuff so it's put me off anything 'chippy'. :(
never tried megazord or auboise so cannot comment but i know ill never use it for my piggies as it looks horrible :-\ imo
and what i use ive used it for years and will never change - the small woodchips are great they dont eat them or anything :)

I did that, thanx. The nearest place to me is 8 miles away. I don't drive and can't see myself carrying a bale 8 miles! :-\

I know i corrected it as piggytoefluff just thought it was a quote O0

I've a stockist quite near me so I might try it out :D

i love megazorb, but dont like looks of aubiose/easibed as my boys have a habbit of getting bedding stuck places it shouldnt be, as i think if easibed/aubiose got stuck it looks lik it could be painful.

i went to get more bedding today and decided to try medi-bed. i saw it and it came in a huge bale (even bigger than my usual megazorb) and wasnt much more in price so thought id give it a go, anythings worth a try once?
its like the russel rabbit stuff, really short cropped straw, i just put som in the cage and its suprisingly soft

I have asked my boss to order me a bag in next week.
I will get back to you all to let you know what I think.

Emma x

ATM i am using just paper at the bottom then Hay as when i have used woodshavings under the Hay Susannah got really red feet and Joe has had the same.

I really want to try something else just not sure what to try. Just put my postcode in and they do Easibed down the road from me where i get my hay bales from think i might try it.

Do you think if two of my piggies seem to get red feet when i use shavings Easibed will do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back