Homemade name plates

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any ideas for homemade c and c cage name plates? I've had lovely painted wooden name plates from ebay before, but now have new piggies. Wondered whether any of the forum crafty members have done their own?

I could make a couple more if you want. Here is the thread where I first made them.
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/personalised-name-plates.189615/

Alternatively if you wanted to make some yourself I bought the plain plaques from amazon and used a pyograpghy kit to burn the design onto it.
What would you prefer? They're gorgeous and I'd love you to make me some, but can also try my own as I have 2 pairs and you probably put a lot of time into the ones you did.

Yay, that's very kind of you :yahoo:

Yes no rush at all, hope you keep well and you're out of quarantine soon 😕

As you're outside of your time of making them, I'm happy to pay you for materials. I've made the donation to @furryfriends (TEAS)

Piggies are:

Mishka and Mila (apple, carrot, broccoli, red pepper, cabbage)

Shadow and Bert, as my son wants Bertie to be officially called 😊 (blueberry, water melon, parsley, cucumber and red pepper)

I've got a rubbish eye for art, so if those combos don't go well together, feel free to replace one of the veg with what you think best.

If at all possible, could you please add a little love heart somewhere on the signs, because I love my piggies.

Thank you so much!

Hi @Sweet Potato

How are you doing? I hope you haven't become poorly in quarantine.

I'm guessing you haven't started on the signs? This is a bit sad but there's going to be a change of piggy personnel.

The miniature elderly floof I got in June, Mishka, the rescue said she hadn't expected her to live when she was handed in a year ago, so she's done well. I took her to the vet today and she has an inoperable bladder tumour, so just has a few weeks left. Poor wee thing.

If you haven't started the signs, it would be nice to have the first sign with just her name Mishka on it. I keep a name sign as a memorial of all the piggies I've had. And the second sign Shadow, Mila and Bert. If possible. If too late, no worries.

Thanks.

I’m so sorry you’ve just received that sad news. Hope she has lots of happy todays left. ❤️

Hi @Sweet Potato

How are you doing? I hope you haven't become poorly in quarantine.

I'm guessing you haven't started on the signs? This is a bit sad but there's going to be a change of piggy personnel.

The miniature elderly floof I got in June, Mishka, the rescue said she hadn't expected her to live when she was handed in a year ago, so she's done well. I took her to the vet today and she has an inoperable bladder tumour, so just has a few weeks left. Poor wee thing.

If you haven't started the signs, it would be nice to have the first sign with just her name Mishka on it. I keep a name sign as a memorial of all the piggies I've had. And the second sign Shadow, Mila and Bert. If possible. If too late, no worries.

Thanks.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've penciled out the design but I've misplaced my pyograpghy kit so I can still change it. I've been quite ill but I'm a lot better today so hopefully I'll find my tools tomorrow and I'll be able to get them done for you. I hope your old girl has a lovely restful few weeks and isn't in too much pain.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've penciled out the design but I've misplaced my pyograpghy kit so I can still change it. I've been quite ill but I'm a lot better today so hopefully I'll find my tools tomorrow and I'll be able to get them done for you. I hope your old girl has a lovely restful few weeks and isn't in too much pain.
Get well soon @Sweet Potato x

Thank you, that's very kind of you. Please get well first. The signs could be as you've done them and I could still put them up.

Thank you. She's done really well, but never what you want to hear.
That is such rotten luck for both you and her. After a rough start in life she deserved to have a long and happy life with you in her forever home. I’m so sorry that you’ve received this news. I hope that she can be kept comfortable and still have many happy days with you.

Thank you for your kind words. I've only had her for 2 months and she's got to 5 with some kind of congenital stunting, so mostly there are blessings to be counted, but I do feel sad for her. When they seem well, it feels weird to face putting them to sleep. She was out this morning wheeking for her veg and is being so good taking her loxicom in the cage. There better be a bridge between piggy heaven and human heaven is all I'm thinking 😊

Back