Home Made Supplies

what do you make home made

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the ramp and hidey in the shop bought cage with my own wooden one.
I made a ramp system to connect the cage with the collapsable run beside it; several tunnels out of old jeans legs wrapped around opened out 2 litre coke bottles; a hidey forest out of a cardboard box with holes cut in the sides and muslin cloth secured across the gaps and cut into strips ; an outside hidey house out of a large cardboard box, painted with soya paint and rain-proofed with waterproof tape; cardboard box covers to go over their litter trays so they can sit and hay munch and poo in peace and under cover - cuts down on having to spot pick so much piggie poo off the fleece; numerous cardboard tube tunnels, hay stuffed toys, dangly food items to play with.

Its been fun! Now if only I had a sewing machine and / or knew how to sew then I would have made their pigloo hideys and fleece liner too!

I replaced the ramp and hidey in the shop bought cage with my own wooden one.
I made a ramp system to connect the cage with the collapsable run beside it; several tunnels out of old jeans legs wrapped around opened out 2 litre coke bottles; a hidey forest out of a cardboard box with holes cut in the sides and muslin cloth secured across the gaps and cut into strips ; an outside hidey house out of a large cardboard box, painted with soya paint and rain-proofed with waterproof tape; cardboard box covers to go over their litter trays so they can sit and hay munch and poo in peace and under cover - cuts down on having to spot pick so much piggie poo off the fleece; numerous cardboard tube tunnels, hay stuffed toys, dangly food items to play with.

Its been fun! Now if only I had a sewing machine and / or knew how to sew then I would have made their pigloo hideys and fleece liner too!

Sewing is easy, even without a machine. You could just stitch the liner together and you have a fleece liner

Unfortunately I'm not very artsy or creative but I try my best to recycle things for them to use as enrichment because I recently moved to France and none of my local supermarkets sell any kind of guinea pig enrichment so I've had to really rack my brains! Their cage grids and connectors are actually a shoe rack we bought online, we brought them with us over to France. The floor is a shower curtain we bought here, and puppy pads that we had to order online here as again none of the local supermarkets sell them, and fleece which is sofa covers from Ikea! I've found a pet website where I can order them some hideys now but in the meantime they have had carrier bags and cloths attached to the corners to cover them as little hidey spaces, and they have a little cat litter box of hay. Then they get paper bags, toilet tubes, kitchen roll tubes, carboard boxes all stuffed with hay depending on what we've got. They seem happy enough but I am sure they will be super excited when their log tunnel hideys arrive like what they had back home and loved. Oh and they have a huge carrier so I sometimes put that in the cage too with hay as they like that a lot.

Ive homemade fleece liners and fleecey beds (WHICH THEY LOVE ) , I also made the girls cage out of grids and a showercurtain base. They like tubes filled with hay too , I get the tubes from work , theyre the spirally ones that come out of the centre of a roll of blue paper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back