Home layout

Cookieandcrumble

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My new piggies home arrives in morning 🤞. Layout wise does it work to have sleep area in washable bedding (fleece etc) and the rest in shavings with hay and food in a tray or am I better one or the other?
They’re clean little piggies using just 2 corners for poops 😁 so wondered if once they were settled in it a corners chosen I could work round that 🤔

You could try it out and if it doesn’t work you can change it. I personally wouldn’t have used shavings and fleece as I would worry the shavings would stick to the fleece somewhat. And I found fleece to be easier to maintain - no shavings kicked everywhere (outside of the cage 🙄) But it could work.

You could try it out and if it doesn’t work you can change it. I personally wouldn’t have used shavings and fleece as I would worry the shavings would stick to the fleece somewhat. And I found fleece to be easier to maintain - no shavings kicked everywhere (outside of the cage 🙄) But it could work.
Great, thank you....I must admit, their bedding at the moment is more hay than shavings 🙄 and due to having horses I do love to see a nice bed that can be snuggled into (their choice) or a nice fleecy bed, was thinking about a small cat igloo thingy 😁.....god these piggies are so addictive in what’s best for them 😖

I do a mix of fleece and shavings or fleece and other paper bedding. Entirely because it's an odd shaped cage and it's easier than trying to get "fit to measure" pieces of fleece every time. Just make sure you've a really good brush, it should brush off before going into the machine without issue.

Front right corner is a tray that I’ve put hay in and mixed their pellets a veg through it so they need toforage 🤔

It’s a lovely size and great that they can forage through the hay, a lovely amount of hay too.

You will need something absorbent on all of the correx though - puppy pads or a layer of newspapers with shavings on top.
The fleece section you have won’t work properly without an absorbent layer underneath it for urine to wick through to.

It’s a lovely size and great that they can forage through the hay, a lovely amount of hay too.

You will need something absorbent on all of the correx though - puppy pads or a layer of newspapers with shavings on top.
The fleece section you have won’t work properly without an absorbent layer underneath it for urine to wick through to.
I’ve put puppy pads under fleece blankets (which I put through wash machine first) 😊.
Great thanks I’ll put more hay in to cover whole floor 😊

My tuppence worth and works great for me - they will pee where they spend most time and they like to eat often in a nice relaxed secluded area so that’s where I put the Carefresh - it’s in their bedroom area, which also gets handfuls of hay. Then in the open area I use fleece. Here’s my setup. The tents are the bedrooms where the Carefresh is.

Attachments

• 21798267-5999-4F34-B412-B6306A379850.webp
    21798267-5999-4F34-B412-B6306A379850.webp
    171.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 600CA978-CB63-4187-B5AE-FD88951BD2EB.webp
    600CA978-CB63-4187-B5AE-FD88951BD2EB.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
  • F115E820-B3B5-4AB8-97A2-02A61116433C.webp
    F115E820-B3B5-4AB8-97A2-02A61116433C.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
My tuppence worth and works great for me - they will pee where they spend most time and they like to eat often in a nice relaxed secluded area so that’s where I put the Carefresh - it’s in their bedroom area, which also gets handfuls of hay. Then in the open area I use fleece. Here’s my setup. The tents are the bedrooms where the Carefresh is.
Ah thank you for that 😊, this is a new (today) cage for them. Their other they used mainly just 2 corners for pee and poop, so I’ll let them settle and sort their home out and I’ll work alongside what they choose, but I love your little bedroom area and has given me another idea I could try 🥰

Back