Holiday Pet Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lossy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd like to go on holiday but I have 3 Guinea pigs a hedgehog and a dog. I can't find anyone I know to look after them in the Easter holidays. I have joined a couple of pet sitting sites but have had no responses, I'd like someone to come to my house to look after the little ones, and my dog to board in a home with someone as the kennels I have looked at have been horrible little concrete cells and I can't do that to Pythagarus. I just wondered what people do with their pets if they have to go away.

We have a fab pet sitter. He's built up his own little business with a couple of employees, sends daily texts to let us know our pets are ok when we're away. There must be loads? Where abouts are you? maybe give them a ring if they don't reply to messages?

Good luck, hope you can find one.

Thanks I'm in Essex/ Suffolk, I'll keep looking! I'd love to find someone like that :)

At the height of my pet hobby I had 2 hogs and 20 plus degus some axolotals a cat and a hamster! Holidays where a nightmare I had a trusted friend move in who came round regularly in the weeks before my hol to get used to all of the animals ! I don't envy anyone caring for hogs if you have a excersise wheel in the cage I used to wake up to fecese everywhere ! By far the most high maintenance small animal EVER!

Lol yes he has an exercise wheel, some days he manages to keep fairly clean but others his house is absolutely disaster zone! He is so cute though so I don't mind :)

Have you asked your vets? Sometimes they are aware of pet sitters or some of the vet nurses may do some pet sitting for you? Worth a try.

Ooh no I havnt that is a good idea, thank you :)

Year ago when we had multiple animals with different needs we found it easiest and cheapest to have someone stay at the house.
This saved me driving all our pets to different locations, preparing food in advance, packing up cages, toys, bedding, etc.
I initially found my house sitter via my vets, but you could also consider advertising at a university or similar if you have one nearby.

I've managed to find a really nice student nurse to help with the pigs and hedgehog, and I just couldn't leave the dog, so we have booked a dog friendly cottage in Scotland. Just wish I could take all the animals.

On holiday near Loch Ness! Walks and scenery are absolutely Amazing. Pythagarus loves it so much, I'm missing my pigs and hedgehog so so much though. I know they are being looked after well but no one can spoil them like I can

image.webp

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back