Hidey houses that can't be tipped up

pelicano

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas for hidey houses I can either make or buy that can't be tipped. Ideally not plastic, because it will soon start getting hot, or wood, as it will get too mucky. Misty is notorious for tipping things up. Up to now they've had paper bags with fleece pads and hay inside, but both of them eat paper quite a lot.

What I would really like are heavy ceramic houses, but I don't know whether such a thing exists.

Thanks for any help.

This is my issue with the uplifting, because I have always worried about Pearl being hit by a flying house when Misty is on the rampage!

I also wondered about trying to make something within the (C&C) cage with grids, so it's part of the cage itself. Not sure what to cover it with to make it enclosed.

They already have fleecey things to sleep in, but they aren't so keen as with a house to hide in.

This is my issue with the uplifting, because I have always worried about Pearl being hit by a flying house when Misty is on the rampage!

I also wondered about trying to make something within the (C&C) cage with grids, so it's part of the cage itself. Not sure what to cover it with to make it enclosed.
You could do a long fleece forest? Across one end of the cage our pigs love fleece forests.

We also had this problem, one piggy who likes to ‘rearrange’ his furniture and a blind piggy being unsuspectingly hit by a falling hidey!
Do you have the hideys pushed into the corners? The solution we found was to make sure there was a piggy sized gap all the way around the hidey so that they could walk around it freely. After that we stopped seeing hideys falling over.
We were also seeing the same issue in our other boar pair but it wasn’t a concern because both piggies were sighted and young/energetic, but once we left a gap all the way around each hidey the behaviour also stopped in their cage too.

Haha, I've honestly struggled with this so much with my two pigs as well! Ngl the one thing that continuously works for me is just cutting a hole or two into a rectangle cardboard box!😆 My pigs do chew on it and it needs to be replaced somewhat regularly, but it's free and they for some reason don't tip them over either. 🤷‍♀️
Also if you haven't already, try just putting the hidey's that you do have, in corners. That makes it harder for them to "rearrange" and tip them over.

Back