Hidey House

Samhtm

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new house for my girls and I've been looking at ones similar to this.

I've seen that it uses plywood and there's a mixed opinion of plywood on here?

Would this be safe for them?

I've had the wooden castle hideys before, which seemed completely safe. My piggies would prefer something a bit more secluded than the one you've highlighted.

I've had the wooden castle hideys before, which seemed completely safe. My piggies would prefer something a bit more secluded than the one you've highlighted.
I normally stuff the hideys full of hay, but I will have a look :) Did you happen to know if the one you had was made from plywood?

So the house has arrived and it looks great, but the girls are chewing around the doorways and I'm concerned given all of the discussion about plywood.. anyone had their piggies chewing on plywood?

Whenever I've had the plywood castle hideys there would be chewing, but not relentless. It wouldn't worry me, but I'm no expert on that.
I usually have a woven grass mat or a wall of a woven grass house in the cage for chewing on.

Whenever I've had the plywood castle hideys there would be chewing, but not relentless. It wouldn't worry me, but I'm no expert on that.
I usually have a woven grass mat or a wall of a woven grass house in the cage for chewing on.
Thank you, I just get worried that the plywood would hurt the piggies

Just the mixed opinion about plywood on here, I know the glue used can be dangerous for them but I'm not sure how much of a risk it is?

I think sometimes when you buy these things and there's a lot of visible glue, that's not good. Does it seem well made with the glue hidden? My pigs have chewed on plywood castles but not taken big chunks out, so they're not getting any or a lot of glue.

I think sometimes when you buy these things and there's a lot of visible glue, that's not good. Does it seem well made with the glue hidden? My pigs have chewed on plywood castles but not taken big chunks out, so they're not getting any or a lot of glue.
The wood looks good quality, you can see the layers but I can't see any glue at all

Back