Hides

Poppiespigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya

This may be a bit random but have my boys in fleece and have always put hay inside their hides. They have wooden hides.

When I was looking at c and c cage set up ideas, most people have fleece hides or if they have wooden, no hay inside.

Can I ask people’s preference and why. I’m thinking to stop the hay in the hides as it does get wet and smelly, even if I change everyday. But then I feel they won’t be as comfy in big wooden hides just on fleece. They also have lots a of hay stuffed things and a big pile of hay one need to burrow in.

My boys have bobble bath mats and large fluffy pee pads in various places that they seem to find very comfortable. They have a log hide, hammocks, cuddle cups and a tent. They sleep in all of them and in the open. I don't put hay in any of these. I put pee pads in the tent.

Hi!
We have a mix of hides like you.
We put smaller fleece pads in all of them to make it easier to switch out when they get wet.
The fleece cubes I don’t put hay in but inevitably some pig decides to drag hay in to pee on & snack on- in that order!

The wooden homes/ log bridges I put hay in as I think it’s good for the pigs to have a snack somewhere hidden, especially if something has scared them or they just don’t fancy eating in the open.

Everypig also has a big hay pile on a bobble bath mat.

We are a hay everywhere kind of household…. Including accidentally on our floor too! 😂

Back