Hide House

• Thread starter Thread starter lawnmower piggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer houses that have two entrances, if my piggies fight one cannot trap the other in the house and corner it, there is always another exit. I also imagine that it would be soiled very quickly because it has a wooden floor - I tend to go for houses without floor.

for that price you can get way better houses.

It would be better without a floor, my OH made ours, first one had a floor and it was a nightmare always wet, he soon adapted it and took away the floor.

Problem with getting these sort of bulky items from ebay is the postage costs, it doubles the price much cheaper to go to the pet store or make your own if you are handy like my OH. :)

I have to admit it is cute. However, I agree with what the others have said about the floor. I was going to buy a chinchilla nesting box to put in my two's run. OH pointed out that if they wee'd, they'd be sitting in it which wouldn't be too healthy for them. I opted on a plastic floorless dome for inside and large bendy logs for outside O0

i brought 3 of the plastic igloo type ones without a floor and only one entrance and put them in a run with 7 female piggies and they all tried to get in one and there was a bit of squabbling so i think hidy houses with more than one entrance are better i havent used mine since as poppy the smallest ended up with a nipped ear

I prefer houses without a floor. If it's plastic with a floor, they pee then lay in it. Same happens with wood, except it soaks in and makes it yucky :-\

Looks nice, but I guess the piggies will poop and wee in it and then chew on the entrance to make it bigger ...that's what mine have done with the double storeys we made them. Then on the other hand, the piggies absolutely love sitting in the top compartment.

So if you can make it yourself or get someone to make it for you, ask for "bottoms off".

pampered piggies sell this one http://www.kissmycms.com/showimage.asp?site=pamperedpiggies&showimage=hide_gp%20(150%20x%20109).jpg for 6 pound. No bottom, wide entrance, natural wood so ok to chew on. :)

i was going to put shavings and hay inside

postage is a problem :(
N x

Yes it does look good ... I have home-made versions that I put inside my runs for my piggies to hide in when outside. Mine do not have a floor though.

I guess if it has a lift off lid and you can tip out the contents you might be ok but it may be difficult to clean in the corners thoroughly.

PS. Will the entrance door be wide enough for a big pig ... it might be worth checking the width.

Id agree with what most people have said as one entrance often causes them to squabble and enables them to corner eachother which is never a good idea. The general idea of it looks good but it would be far easier to clean if it didnt have a bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back