Hiccups?

• Thread starter Thread starter ksiusha237
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksiusha237

Hello everyone,
I noticed a few times that my guinea pig Shura sometimes will stand and almost move forward kind of. It's difficult for me to explain. But could this be hiccups? I wasn't sure. It's as if he is standing and he leans forward then back then forward then back... not rocking almost like jumps from a hiccup. He did this and i got worried, then gave him some lettuce and he was fine. What does this mean? My boys are going to the vet this Saturday, so I will ask them as well.

Thank you,
Ksiusha

Digbey did this today after I gave him his meds. I was really worried but now you have said that I think they are hicups, when I gave him a bit of carrot he stopped doing it!

I have noticed one of mine doing this but she stops when she sees me watching. Can't work it out as if it was hiccups, it is unlikely that she would be able to stop at will... 98)

Does it sound like hiccups or sort of choking? mine do this somethimes and it gives me a fright. Not sure what is is ::)

My hubby said he looked like he was trying to swallow after the horrid meds I had just given him!

Nope, he makes no sound. Just kind of sits there and does this motion. So nobody has any idea what it might be? I guess if all our piggies are doing it then it can't be too serious. I'll ask the vet.

Could be little popcorns

Are you sure that he is not asleep? Gps move their heads back and forth very very subtley when they are standing up asleep

Nope he was very much awake. Mmm.. he hasn't been doing it lateley. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back