• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hi were new, and I have a sow with a lump.

• Thread starter Thread starter thegirls
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thegirls

My sweet ,loving 4 year old peanut has a large lump under her neck. It is under her skin and it is about one inch long and a 1/4 inch thick. It is hard and slightly movable. She is not acting ill, and she still loves eating. I feel terrable that I haven't noticed it before. I really just thought she was getting that saggy fat that some cats get under there belly. Anyway if any one can reassure me tonight- I would appreciate it and so would my little girl.

Hi there and a big welcome to the forum from us in OZ :)
There's a possibility it's a sebaceous cyst and it wont hurt your piggie at all. If and i say if it's an abscess she should be fine till you get to see a vet tomorrow O0
Don't touch the lump too much, if you see any liquid coming out of it that's good cause it has burst itself O0 If this happens gently clean the area with a non lint cloth and warm lightly salted water this will help :)
There's quite a few threads here in the health and illness section that discusses lumps.... have a look and see if any of them resemble what your little piggie has :)
Best of luck, please keep us posted as to how your little one goes once seen by the vet.
Keep up with all fav foods and water and your piggie should be happy :)
Silly me just re read your post, Peanut :smitten: what a lovely name :smitten:
BTW they can appear literally overnight.... in future perhaps once a week or so just run your hands right over your little Peanuts body and you'll get to know her natural lumps and bumps so if anything changes you'll pick up on it quickly O0

again welcome from us in ozzie land. as glynis mentioned your peanut should be fine till tomorrow to take to the vet or is it today where you are? if she is eating and is happy in herself then there should be no problem for her till you get to the vet. i don't know how often you groom peanut, but even our zoe gets groomed she is a short hair, this helps her in moulting season. when we groom her we feel her for any bumps and lumps. again welcome to the forum and hugs and cuddles to you and peanut. :smitten:

Good luck at the Vets! O0 Sending you healing wheeks and loving hugs :smitten: :smitten: and of course for Peanut! ;D 0:) :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back