Hi! I'm New On This Board!

Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new piggies :D

Brought them home today! Fuzzy and squeaks. Both sow :) my 5 years old named both of them.

View attachment 70210

View attachment 70211

View attachment 70212

View attachment 70213

Hi and welcome!

Those are two very cute babies!

Firstly, please double check their gender. Mis-sexing sadly still happens far too often. Here is the best online link. alternatively, you are welcome to post preferably clear daytime pictures of the relevant parts in our pregnancy and sexing section. The sexing link is included in our new owners' information bundle.
At that young age, looking into the slit below the slit below the knob is usually the safest way. Boars go straight down while sows have a fleshy arrangement just below the surface when you gently pry it apart. ;)

Please take the time to read our new owners information. You will find it very helpful. We have covered all the areas that asked about most frequently by new owners and have included some important need-to-know information to help you avoid problems in the longer run. There is lots more information at the top of our various Care sections, but you are welcome to ask any questions you may have along the line. We are a friendly forum and will answer them all!
New Owners' Online Starter " Booklet" For Really Helpful Advice

Since we have members and enquiries from all over the world, you can really help us by adding your country, state/province or UK county to your details in order to allow us to tailor any advice and recommendation to what is available and relevant where you are straight away instead of keeping everything as general as possible. click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. This makes it visible with every post you make. Thank you!

All the best!

Fuzzy and Squeak look gorgeous :love:

Welcome to the forum, i do hope you enjoy hanging out here and chatting piggy

A few thread here you may find helpful over the next few days
How Do I Settle Shy New Guinea Pigs?
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig

Could I just check on the size of your cage? How long is it? It looks fine for now as they are small but they soon grow! You need a 120cm for two pigs and often pet stores sell 100cms :(

Zooplus do a great affordable cage though Skyline Maxi XXL Small Pet Cage | Free P&P £29+ at zooplus!

I think their strawberry house is really cool :)

Welcome again, any questions forum or piggy please just ask

Lee

Back