Heteropteryx dilatata (jungle nymph) egg question

WojKal

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have bought a pair of jungle nymps, a male and female. Now they're all grown up, i have even seen them mating. Recently after i gave them new leaves to eat, i put the female in their tank and out of the blue she started laying eggs (she was wiggling her abdomen in the substrate, next day i looked in the little holes (there were two), but there was no eggs. I even dug around in there a bit and still nothing. Does anyone know what is going on? i am getting worried that she may not lay eggs, maybe there are some problems, the tank has a 30x30 base with an average substrate depth of around 3,75 cm. There is a piece of bark stretching across the left side, covering 6 cm from the left side of the tank and a 2 jars covering a surface of about 156 cm^2. Does she have enough space to lay her eggs?

I’m afraid that this is a guinea pig forum so I’m not sure that you will get many replies. But you never know!

To anyone reading this, we sifted the soil and found 4 eggs, so everything is fine now (:

Back