Henry bites his own feet in frustration when I’m clipping his nails. And Maude stores hay seeds in her dense fur 🤣

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
Henry is absolutely awful to trim his nails. A lot of my pigs hate having it done, But Henry WILL bite you, he will bite the scissors or your hand if you accidentally get too close to his mouth. When he can’t reach me or the scissors he bites and pulls his own toes! He grabs his feet and pulls them up as far as he can reach! I’m surprised he doesn’t hurt himself! He gets ever so frustrated with me trying to handle him especially clipping his nails!
Here he is today having a total tantrum,
Look closely you’ll see his little foot in his mouth! (Excuse my concentrating face ha)
IMG_9353.webp
Looks like butter wouldn’t melt!..
IMG_9354.webp

His nickname is ‘The Angry Beaver’

IMG_9349.webp

And Maudes Rex type coat is so dense that I regularly have to pick and brush out hay seeds. It’s like a little forest in there! No wonder she gets them in her eyes on a regular bases!
IMG_9340.webp

Fluffy and rotund after a brush..
IMG_9342.webp

Oh piggies!

My piggy Ruffles bites like that too when I’m doing her nails! Proper chews her feet, I have to move very fast with her. For her I’ve put it down to how ill she was when I first got her and needing months of daily handling for meds etc.

Henry and Maude are gorgeous ❤️

I am so in love with Henry!

Ruby was just the same with her nails, so I am in awe you can trim Henry's nails on your own.
With Ruby we needed one person to hold her, 1 person to keep a carrot in her mouth at all times and 1 person to clip.
Honestly it was ridiculous!
DH was the designated carrot holder, DD2 was the piggy holder and I was the clipper.
DD1 (Ruby's devoted slave) was banned from the room, as she would constantly shriek helpful things like - ''stop - you are hurting her''.
I would constantly shriek at DH - ''the carrot, whatch the carrot, you have keep it in her mouth at all times''.

I am glad we aren't the only ones who have nail clipping drama.

Last edited:
I am so in love with Henry!

Ruby was just the same with hernias, so I am in awe you can trim Henry's nails on your own.
With Ruby we needed one person to hold her, 1 person to keep a carrot in her mouth at all times and 1 person to clip.
Honestly it was ridiculous!
DH was the designated carrot holder, DD2 was the piggy holder and I was the clipper.
DD1 (Ruby's devoted slave) was banned from the room, as she would constantly shriek helpful things like - ''stop - you are hurting her''.
I would constantly shriek at DH - ''the carrot, whatch the carrot, you have keep it in her mouth at all times''.

I am glad we aren't the only ones who have nail clipping drama.

That’s funny that Ruby was the same! Henry and Ruby would have got along very well!
I don’t think Jon would be game enough to hold Henry for me..if he got bitten I’d never hear the end of it! ..One of my horses bit him about 3 years ago (Billie was only a yearling, so just being a cheeky baby!) and Jon still doesn’t trust nor forgiven her to this day 🤣

I like that Ruby knew exactly how to attract DD1’s attention to summon her with her shrieks of torture in order for DD1 to come to her rescue from the evil holders and clipper people!

It’s an impossible task for me, I’m lucky that for some reason his nails never seem to grow as much as the others!
Here are two more photos from
The video I took.
one you can see his teethies about to chomp onto his paw!
And the other photo he’s in absolute disgust with me.
IMG_9356.webp
IMG_9357.webp
.. Please note that as soon as I put him down after this he popcorns in delight that he now had floortime.. really upset huh?..

My piggy Ruffles bites like that too when I’m doing her nails! Proper chews her feet, I have to move very fast with her. For her I’ve put it down to how ill she was when I first got her and needing months of daily handling for meds etc.

Henry and Maude are gorgeous ❤️

Oh cheeky Ruffles making nail trimming time difficult for you too!
Sounds like she has a good excuse after all that handling and medication
That cute face is surely not the face of a biter. Butter wouldn't melt!

I hope Maude is more tolerant of being brushed.
Maude doesn’t mind too much, she gets annoyed. But I don’t feel like I’m handling a mini dinosaur like I do with Henry lol!

Lion however, absolutely HATES his hair being brushed, and he has crazy mad hair that gets matted, he’ll bite me too if he got the chance. He squeaks the house down like he’s being murdered everytime..

Wow Henry is a handful - I love how he popcorns after ‘the torture’ 😂
What IS Maude doing …….saving those seeds for later 🥰
You have your hands full and that’s just those two rascals ❤️

Back