helping on chossing a new run

• Thread starter Thread starter Hannah_lg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah_lg

well i have 2 1 year olds holly and meggie and 2 3 and half months old molly and lilly

last summer the run the older 2 where in was a big one what you can step in to but that well broke and wasing afe for them so i got one of the shaed what i got for my blcvk rabbit lucy (who died) who hrady used it as she use to get out of it and in the end we used to let her run aoind the gadran so anyways i got this one out is one like where you have to lif the door up and put your hand in to put them in and get them out but sliding door kept geting stuck so sometimes i had to left the run up at one end and try to pick them pigs up with the other hand

but that run is not going to be suitable for lilly as she is very all over the place and ifthe sliding door gets stuck whoch is dose a lot and i have to lift the un up she be off before ican catch her

so me and my mum dicide it be bas of me to be a new one

so i think one what i can step in to catch them will be best what do you think? dose anyone have any pictures of these updooe runs?

and what do you think about puting some stuff in it like a tubes or somthing ?

its going be a big ish one as all 4 of them will be going in the same big run

This is mine

outsiderun2.jpg

The lid opens fully and folds back on itself so completely opens the top so you can sit in there as well if you want. I have an assortment of pigloos/tunnels/houses and I just put a couple in there for them to play in. It is 6ft x 4ft.

Maybe something like this would work for you? This one came from ebay.

yeah i like yours looks nice and have can in the little hosue bit aswell

i like that thing what you put on the grass wha tyou can bend over the thing wha tyou guina pig is sat next too

and can have get in the thing with hay in it? do there use it?

in the summer mine will be out from like 10am till 5pm i dont one them to grt 2 board i did get my older 2 out last summer a lot for the kdis to hold and touch (I'm a childminder)

The thing with the hay in is just a cat litter tray. They have one in their shed as well - I fill it twice everyday with different hays/grasses and they love to bury in it and sit and munch on their hay. I use the trays rather than hay racks as they seem to prefer it. They love playing with their food! It is only a way of giving food though - my lot are not litter trained!

I change my toys around a lot. I have noticed with guinea pigs that just be adding or removing a toy or putting things in a different arrangement is like giving them a brand new cage to explore. I just make sure they have something warm and weather proof should the weather change without me noticing and a couple of things they can get into/run through. I also only put a couple of things in at any one time as I want them to be able to use the space to run around in.

I also have sun shades that go on for when we are lucky enough to have a lot of sunshine. I also have waterproof covers but I hardly ever use them because my piggys only come outside in good weather. Roll on summer!

i got one from pets at home, and they love it. its the cheapest one, for 39.99 and they love it. my oldest biscuit, just sits in the hiding area munching on grass and my older smidge loves to run about!

yeah i do put a towl on top when really hot mine have hay all the time in there cadge

and as soon as it starts raining i bring them in my older 2 hated the rain and dont like it when it rains

might try the idea with the hay in a cat litter try out side and see how there go would my little babies be able ot get in to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back