• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter princess
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princess

hi,our 4 guinea pigs are in their run on a sheet in the living room.i have just noticed some blood in the urine on the sheet.when i checked each of them i noticed that lady had some blood around her genital area.she has been running around as usual and is her normal bossy self.she has also been eating her dry food and has had carrots ,hay and water today.what could of caused it?

i dont no what sorry, but i would take her to the vets anyway.

it could possibly be bladder stones but id take her to the vets to be on the safe side

Does she cry in pain when she pees? she could have cystitis, which can be treated with some diluted, unsweetened cranberry juice or cysitis treatment sachets such as Oasis (or another sodium citrate brand).

Hi ummm is it all girls?
I'd still go to the vets for peace of mind, all the best please let us know how things go. Get better Lady :-* :-* :-*

sometimes when sows are on heat they will pass a pin/light red urine.This is usually just a one off but sometimes they will do 2 or 3 pink pees.If a stone was present she would be in discomfort when urinating because renal stones are very painful. Hopefully the urine will clear. Mary

hi! it could possibly be an urine track infection i think they call it or possibly bladder stones. i would give her crandberry juice this worked for my guinea pig and i sometimes give her it to prevent it from happening again. i would also try and take her to the vets

thanks everyone for your advice.no she didnt cry when she passed urine,and it was just lady.i checked her again today and there is no sign of any blood any more.ill still keep checking the sawdust in hutch tho.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back