• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help......

• Thread starter Thread starter daisymay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daisymay

Can hamsters get malocclusion like cavys......My hamster is not eating a his teeth seem a bit long :'(

Yes I think they can pm jane she is great with hammy stuff ;)

Hammys teeth constantly grow like a guineas so yes they can get dental probs.

Yes they can. Hamsters need to chew on hard things because their teeth are constantly growing. Are the hamsters teeth very long recently or have they always been this long? Maybe they are supposed to be that long but they just seem long to you? Feed hard foods and give dog biscuits (not containing onion or garlic) to help wear their teeth down. You can also give them wooden chews but they will probably be ignored. If the hamsters teeth are very long and it is having trouble eating then a vet trip is needed. Good luck O0

Malocclusion is when the teeth don't meet correctly :) But sometimes teeth get overgrown due to illness (and not eating).

Oh love i'm so sorry for you all :'( :'( :'(
RIP little hammie, run free at the bridge 0:) 0:) 0:)
((((((((HUGS))))))) for you all :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry to hear that. :'( :'( :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back