• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter emma2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emma2009

HI can any one please tell me signs of fungal infections and mites as i think my piggy has one of them her skin has dandruff stuff on it and shes shedding shes also scrathing alot my little piggy i got about 3 weeks ago is also scrathing but dosnt have any dandruff

any ideas i bought anti fungal spray and ive stated using it any idea how long it takes to clear and how to help clear it and really want to know if thats what it is

PLEASE HELP !

thanks

emma

Hi Emma,

It does sound like mites. I'm not sure about using sprays to be honest I would take pig to a vet for a course of treatment.

Lousie
:)

If it's mites, contact the vets.
If yoiu aren't sure, contact Chrissie at gorgeous guineas with the symptoms and piggie ages etc.
She should be able to advise you. :)
I'll try and find a link for you.

Dont panic it will be ok! You can try gorgeous guineas above if you take pics and give a description you will get a fairly quick response and details of the right treatment. Or you can go to the vets asap and let them have a look but try and get a vet who is clued up on piggies.
Dont bother with the sprays tbh they are more likely to irritate it more, due to the rubbish chemicals in them. Good luck and let us now how you get on!

I'd go the vets and see what they think it is, if its ites it will need ivomec :) and a GG bath at some point after the 1st ivomec, chrissie will advise you best! Stay calm they'll be fine just get them sorted as soon as you can :) x

Sounds like it to me...I would definately Imovec them and bath them in anit mite shampoo....Johnsons do a small animal one or else order from GG ;)

thanks for all your help chrissie says she thinks it might be a fungal infection
last year fudge my eldest (about 2 years old)guinea pig had mites but her skin dosent look the same this time thats why i thought it was a fungal infection and not mites

and last time when i went to the vets and fudge had mites he charged me £40 for to injections
any ideas how to treat fungal infections ?

thanks emma

If it's mites, the fur has a greasy texture to it and comes out in clumps if you give it a little tug. The skin also looks very scurffy like bad dandruff.

her hair isnt greasy and it dosnt come out when tugged but she does have dandruff

thanks for all your help chrissie says she thinks it might be a fungal infection
last year fudge my eldest (about 2 years old)guinea pig had mites but her skin dosent look the same this time thats why i thought it was a fungal infection and not mites

and last time when i went to the vets and fudge had mites he charged me £40 for to injections
any ideas how to treat fungal infections ?

Chrissie will be able to suggest the best course of treatment and her products are very good! Good Luck, sounds like you've caught it early O0

Oh gee sounds like you've had a rough time, these bugs can be terrible for the piggies :'( :'( :'(
I'm sure once you've had it diagnosed you'll be able to treat properly O0
Oh gosh, btw welcome from us in OZ :)
I think you'll find those prices are fairly reasonable from what i've seen on here :) lol i have to convert to dollars etc...
Wishing you all the very very best, healing wheeks coming their way :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

hi thanks alot glynis :) I'm jst so worrried about them :'(

i got johnstons mites and lice shampoo so going to bath them tonight with it and see what happens

wel i will let you all know ;D

I realy do not recommend the use of Johnsons shampoo,they contain potentiialy harmful chemicals,.Use GG shampoos which are natural and do work.I use a lot of GG products and my vet is now recommending them.

It is possible that there is a combination mites and fungal infestation.,this is very common.Try GG shampoo and melt,and if there is still a problem you will need to Ivermec because that is the only drug that will get rid of mites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back