help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hiya.i just want to know wether you can use shredded paper for all beding not just in their sleeping area?they will have hay on top of it of course :)

I use it in all areas under hay and think this is fine. In Peter Gurney book (piggie expert) he says shreaded paper is much better than sawdust or wood shavings. :)

mine have it in their shoe boxes, but it does need changing every day O0

Yep it's fine - mine have it in their litter boxes :) It needs to be changed every few days though because it isn't very absorbant.

Yeah ditto all the above. I've used it for years with no problems - think some piggies really like it too. I had a few that would push all the hay away and curl up to sleep in the paper on its own! ::)

Is it safe to shred your own paper? Or just the stuff bought in pet shops?
Just thought I'd ask. :D

I get mine from work. We shred a lot of paperwork. Shoudnt use newspaper because to much ink.

I shred all my junk mail at home and take stuff home from work to shred. The only paper I wouldn't use is magazine (or that shiny stuff), newspapers, paper with felt tip or wax crayon on. I stuff loads into the sleeping compartment and he seems to love it! O0

You can use it but its probably not the best thing to use out of all the possible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back