• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hiya,one of my guinea pigs has just cut himself ,the cut is on the corner of his mouth ,just wipe it to clean the blood around it ,we it heal on its own ,also his brother wont leave him alone now and keeps theeth chatting at hime ,i am just worry that he may try and make the cut wost,

hi, not very good at the first aid bit (I'd be asking too) someone should be along soon who will be able to help you :)

If it's a liittle cut, Keep it clean, if not a visit to the vets is best.
Keep you eye on the piggies and if they don't settle. Be prepared to seperate them.
Sorry can't be more help.
Good luck
Anne.

First off, how bad is it? now don't panic... wipe the blood away like you have done and offer some food to piggie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
They might have just had a disagreement :( :( His brother might be upset or may have done this cause of their playtime together...
How old are they love?
Boars can be quite mmmm aggressive at times, go and have a look at Barmy4Boars, Susie's posts are fabulous and her advice is really great :smitten:

Teenage tantrums I'm afraid, this is when guinea pigs reach their teenage years, although they can have disagreements any time really :) Make sure they have enough space, 2 of evrything..bowls, hidey places etc. Keep an eye and if things escalate to the point where there is about to be an actual fight, you will have to seperate.

Oh dear you have your handful well this is what occassionally happens with boars I'm afraid and it will heal on its self but id keep an eye on them if i was you O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back