• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help with syringe feeding please

• Thread starter Thread starter Karenza
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karenza

Please does anyone have any tips for syringe feeding as the Science Recovery keeps blocking the syringe, even if it is watered down. Are there any techniques or suggestions?

Many thanks

Try heat a skewer or fork and enlarging the hole in the nossle. That worked well when we had to syringe feed Furbie.

Thanks everso much - brilliant, we were both struggling and the walls were getting plastered. I think on the law of averages some of it must have gone into her, but it was getting a bit hit and miss!

I have just had the exact same drama trying to syringe feed! I pushed the plunger hard to clear a blockage into the bowl and ended up with it splattered all over my face!
Now my little girl is improving she will eat/lick it off my finger. I imagine a bigger syringe would be easier?

Hi bigger syringe and what I found with our holly was if we wrapped her in a towel and just had head sticking out she felt more comfy being fed that way
hope this helps
mandy and piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back