help with hutch

• Thread starter Thread starter smiler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smiler

Building the hutch tomorrow FINALLY...eek! We are going to fit it unto a kind of 'indent' in the wall and are going to keep ethem in pairs or threes rather than keep them all together as it will take up too much space and be too complicated. How big (deep and wide) will each part need to be to house 3 piggies in your opinion?

How are focus for wood? is homebase any good? we dont have a b&q you see... :-\

Will be getting the cage wesh stuff from wilkos but still not sure about the wood...any suggestions appreciated!

Have you tried wicks they are very cheap and if you dont use all the wood you can take it back for a refund. We use wicks more than b&q etc as they tend to be expensive!

Check out the yellow pages and see if there is an independent wood yard near you much cheaper than the diy places. The place were I get megazorb also is a wood yard horse feed shop. Its not far from Arnold Notts coming from your direction you would head toward Calverton then its the edge of Arnold. My friend lives your way and that is the way I go to hers and vice versa :)

;D

Could be a while ::) ;D

Found some numbers for local timber supplier tye people ;D So will give them a ring in the morning and see if we can sort smething out from there as there are about 7 diff ones within a 5 mile radius or something daft ;D

if i keep say....3 pigs in each section (will hopefully have 4 stacked houses on top of eachother, depends on measurements tomorrow)...how big should each part measure ideally? :-\

Well, ideally you want 2ft by 1ft per guinea. Hate to put a downer on things but it is Bank Holiday tomorrow. :( :)

Already checked it out and they are open tomorrow! ;) the one down the road is anyway, not sure about the rest!

If they cant do what we want, we will just get some from focus or somewhere...i dont want to keep messing around, i want to get it done! ;D

I have found two near you :) For you although it looks like you have found more near you now :)
Appletongate Newark Notts ng241lj www.smithstimber.co.uk phone number 01636 702573
There is one on Northern Road Newark website www.newarktimbersupplies.co.uk phone number 01636 707522 these do deliver ;) it says in the yellow pages :)
Timber yards are so much cheaper you would be surprised just how much DIY shops rip people off.

Five minutes to edit is really not enough time GRRR ;D
I wanted to add have you thought about insulating the walls with foil thermal sheets its used for lofts keeps it cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter months. I know you like to keep them in during the winter but winter time seems to bring lots of rescues :'( I know your shed is heated but the foil will help keep that heat in a lot more better for you when in there and better for the piggies. You can find the thermal foil in diy stores in the plumbing section ;) sadly do not know of anywhere else that would sell it apart from a local plumbers place. Get those yellow pages out again :)

Thanks for all the help! O0

We are going to try and sort the design out today first and measure up the space...I think this one is going to be four...5 x 2 areas stacked up....so I'm just trying to work out how much I will need altogether...argh my brain is sooo not working today...i'll leave it to andy i think ;D

PerfectPiggies said:
Thanks for all the help! O0

We are going to try and sort the design out today first and measure up the space...I think this one is going to be four...5 x 2 areas stacked up....so I'm just trying to work out how much I will need altogether...argh my brain is sooo not working today...i'll leave it to andy i think ;D

That's because it is a bank holiday. ;D The cages are going to brilliant by the sounds of it. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back