• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help with eye problems (babies)

• Thread starter Thread starter Hannah_lg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah_lg

well on firday when i went to feed max and one of the babies who we put in with him coz where sure there are boys noe anyways i ntoiced that it was all scabby and stuff at the top of one of it eyes and some of the hay had gone so we bathed it with some water and put it back in with its mummy as we thought that max had had ago at it

but this moring when i was feeding lilly and the babies one of the others eye is going a bit the same but dont look as bad its only a tiny bit so anywhere we bathed both th eyes on the 2 pigggs with salt water about 1min ago

and we have been bathing the one we sow it on firday over the weekend it dose look like it is healing up about around the eye and a bti of hair is gowing back now but it is starting to move to the top of its hard now

anyways if it dont get any better there will be going to the vets

and there are both still eating and running around etc

i was jsut woundering has anyone eles have any porblems like this or might no what it is

I have this prob alot but I feel that it is just the weather in the winter when the heating on I get very sticky eyes in the morning and in the summer I don't, I mean we have a lot of poke injures but its the hay and the fact my lot seem to love diving in to it not trotting in nicely :D

i found this topic someone psoted last year this is what my piggys 2 eyes look like

link

is that what yours looks like piggybaker

where takan the babies to the vets toinight at 5.10pm the lady on the phone thinks it may be an eye infection but cant say for usre untill it sees it

Hannah_lg said:
well on firday when i went to feed max and one of the babies who we put in with him coz where sure there are boys noe anyways

What happened to the 'so sure Molly is a girl, not a Max'? You are so sure, you say - well you said that before! I so dearly hope that you're lady isn't pregnant again. Heaven forbid :(

About the eyes. Some of my piggies get sticky eyes from time to time - a buiild up of 'sleep' usually. Hopefully the vet will tell you more - while at there, why not take 'Max' and get him properly sexed?

ok kelly we think that mlly is a max now and i think that only one of the babies is a boy well molly/max and the dark ginger baby have the same bums and are difrrent to the rest of my 6 guinea pigs anywheres where going to the breeder tomrow night to get them sexed at 7.30pm but the vet is going to sex them tonight aswell but where only taken lilly and the babies to the vets as max dont need to go but where still taken lilly the babies and max upto the breeder tormow night

the 2 babies with the pooly eyes are fine in themself there are still eating and runing around and doing the same as the other 2 babies

hopefuly it wont be too serise and it can be traeted

As long as they are going to be sexed properly, that's the best thing you can do for them. :)

I'm sure their eyes can and will be treated, sometimes drops are just given. If they are fine otherwise and eyes don't seem to irritate them, then I'm sure it's nothing serious :)

yeah well the babies well get sexed tonight at vets and will take max to the breeders tomorow but still taken lilly and the baies as the breeder os dying to see them it il be nice to be bale to give them names

and if we do have dorps to up it etc my mum will have to do that little job

and when we bathed the one we found wit hthe pooly eye first this moring he didnt speak today she must hurt as much s the other days he did a lot of speaking but today nothing

why your mum do it? i thought they were your piggies?

Babies 'speaking' - They wont just make noise if they are hurting, they do it for any reason. Same as being quiet :)

there are mine but when it comes to puting dorps in it eyes i will have to hold it still while my mum puts them in

well it was a high ptich speak like it was hurting when my mum was bathing it

so anyways whne i took them to the vet on monday she said there eyes look fine and thats its a skin thing so there treated them for mites and al the kinda stuff with that beening the most comman skin thing she put some gel stuff on there backs she treated all the 4 babies and mum with all beening in same cage

have to go back next thurday and may have to have gel on again or may not

it hasnt got any worse seens monday n the dark gineger one the one who has it a bit worser then the one other one its skin has jsut like sacb up so hopeflly when the scab drops off the skin will heal up but it hsant spread or got any bigger and the other ones eye it just got a tinh bit bigger but dont look hlf as bad as the other one so

but I'm geld there eyes are ok and the vet said there look happy and healthy and there poos are ok
but none of the other babies havent got it so thats good too

yeah there still doing ok it hasnt got any wosre really jsut wating for sacbs comeing off and it healing up really

well his srab fall out in the night so looks better now holpefuly new skin wil start to grow nagain

Yes,guinea pig flesh does tend to heal quickly, I am sure he will be o.k.now.Mary

aflie eye is geting much better now the scab fall off some new skin is starting to grown in places

but amber the other she has started wit hit on her neck well some of her hair as come out and geting a bit scab but not beening bleeding yet

going back to vet today anyways so she what she says

well went back to the vet for check up yestoday i so a diffrent vet

he give amber an alife an injection there made that much noise the people in the waiting room could hear them

alifes eye is geting much better now jsut wating for her to come back now really
and ambers eye is doing great too can hardly see it but her neck is stil a bit iffy the vet said in 2 to 3 weeks if its not geting better or geting worse to take her back in but if its geting much better dont need to go back

he said he sees what there have alot in guinea pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back