Help with bonding third guinea

• Thread starter Thread starter Loopylou
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Loopylou

OK . .
I think I will be having a new arrival soon. A friend of mine runs a rabbit rescue and is taking in two rabbits and a piggie from someone on her freecycle group ~( >:()
She doesn't usually rehome guineas so I said I would take it. Its an 8 monthish sow, so I am hoping I can bond her with my castrates boar and sow. I am getting a new larger cage so hopeful;ly space should be OK.
So . . basic guide to piggie bønding please!

Same as rabbit bonding I think, neutral territory, be prepared to seperate and lots of luck O0

OK - looks like the newbies will be arriving tommorrow so we will see!

Can anyone tell me what are good signs, behaviour wise, and what are bad signs?
Is there any point at which I should jump in and separate? - biting presumably is bad, but Ive never seen an aggressive guinea pig so any tips of what to look out for would be appreciated :)

I've never bonded sows before, but Niki has, perhaps pm her, she tends to come online later in the evening :) I read in a book that chasing and nipping is normal, but if they start opening their mouths wide seperate them!

Sorry I can't be of much help, good luck with them :)

Hmmm, well the two female rabbits and the girl piggie have arrived at the rescue . . .and they are all BOYS >:( So don't think any bonding will be happening now ::)

What? They were boys? You mean the previous owners that are just giving them up and don't care where they go actually didn't know? I'll tell you, that's the first time I've ever heard of someone not having a clue before! Oh wait, no it's not! *sigh* if you're going to have pets you should at least know some basic things ::)

Kimmie

The previous owner apparently believed that the LARGE TESTICLES on the boy rabbits were .. . . ovaries hanging outside their bodies :o

Loopylou said:
The previous owner apparently believed that the LARGE TESTICLES on the boy rabbits were .. . . ovaries hanging outside their bodies :o

;D ;D ;D

Loopylou said:

I've heard it all :D :D

98) sorry I know ignorance should be tolerated sometimes but thats plain STUPID!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back