Help! Upset piggies :(

CanadianCavy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two female sisters. 3 years old. They have been together and in my care since 3 months old. They have always gotten along and live in the same cage harmoniously their whole lives until recently. They scream and chatter and my one female is chasing and intimidating the other.
They have always had their hormonal cycle of rumble strutting and being a little bit moody every few weeks, but this is much more than that.
What changed?
Their life is exactly as it has been!

Please help. This is giving me so much anxiety. I want them to be happy and I would be so upset if I had to seperate them but I also don't want my one female in distress.

Thanks!

If they/one of them is behaving like they are in season all the time, hormonal and grumpy, then please have them checked by a vet. Behaving like they are in season all the time can be a sign of ovarian cysts. The guide below explains further

Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)
Oh no. I hope not! I don't have a very good small animal vet in my area. I will take her in but is there any information you could provide me with incase the vet isn't very helpful?

Oh no. I hope not! I don't have a very good small animal vet in my area. I will take her in but is there any information you could provide me with incase the vet isn't very helpful?

The green link in my first post gives information

Back