• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help theres something wrong with one of my babies

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

there seems to be a problem with one of my babies his only 6 weeks old!
right at the top of his neck just below his ears theres a bit of dry skin or something and it looks like its been bleeding a bit and whenever i go to touch or stroke him there he squeaks really loudly!
i made an appointment for the vet on Friday but i feel so bad for him! :-\
anyone have any ideas what it might be?

he might have caught himself or just had a bit of dry scalp, doesnt sound major to me, but good idea for getting it checked out.

my advice would be to clean it, and put some antiseptic on it and keep an eye. Merry had that, but that was after she got stuck in a metal hayball - dozy mare :D ;)

yeah doesn't sound serious to me :) could just be an abrasion or scratch or even dry skin, but it's a good idea to see a vet anyway! O0
you could bathe it in salty water, which has always been good for me if i have anything like a cut, and i've heard it's ok to use on piggies. boil some water and put it in a bowl with a little bit of salt, let it dissolve, cover it until the water is cool and then just bathe it in the water. you could dry gorgeous guineas soothe gel or tee tree cream if you have it on there. :)
hope you're darling is better soon. O0 :smitten: :smitten:

The other possibility is a fungal skin infection. If you could, take a pic of the area and email to Chrissy at gorgeous guineas. She will advise what she thinks it is and recommend treatment if it is fungal.

awww thanks everyone i'll try that! i'll let u know how it goes! O0

For now get some Kamillosan cream (Boots/Superdrug/Waitrose etc) and apply that. Chrissie has some Super Souffle which is very good and might suit, but send a pigture if you can, if not email her and she'll be able to tell what if anything to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back