• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help! she needs an operation

• Thread starter Thread starter TinkeroLulu
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TinkeroLulu

hey my guinea pig Tinkerbell needs an operation for an absus..... is it likely she will die during the operation? i hope not please give a bit of info to calm me down hopefully

If its an op there's always a risk but anaesthetics are much safer these days. Just make sure she gets some good aftercare.

Where is the abcess?.If it is external there is no need for aneasthetic.it just needs to be lanced by a vet or rodentologist.

the abcess is in her throat... it seems to be going down so the have cancelled op and i just have to keep giving her antibiotics, when they have finished they are guna take a look and operate if need be.

A neck or throat abcess can be lanced without sedation.Hopefuly the antibiotic will clear it up anyway

poor little dear. sending healing thoughts, hugs and piggie kisses to her :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ihave had good and bad experiences with operations. The worse one my piggy was so close to dying and was at the vets for 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back