• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help - re vet/rodentologist .... teeth advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a vet/rodentologist in or around West Mids/Staffs/Warwickshire? My g.pig has developed a problem eating - she wants to eat but drops the food as soon as she picks it up. Our vets, like a lot of vets, aren't great with g.pigs and looked briefly in her mouth with an otoscope and said it must be her teeth and we could get her in the next day under anaesthetic to sort them.

She is 5 years old and understably not at her strongest (we are syringe feeding atm) so i am very reluctant to have her under anaesthetic. TBH all i want is someone who knows their stuff to look in her mouth and actually hopefully diagnose properly what may be happening. I am not so convinced its her teeth overgrown and felt the vet said that as he didnt know what else to do.

I am quite happy and willing to take her to Reading (nearest place to do teeth without anaesthetic) but i would just like to know it is her teeth before we do.

Can the teeth just start to overgrow when they havent been a prb before? Nothing else has changed (ie. food etc).

She is otherwise fine in herself but obviously i am very worried and want to do what's best for her.
Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Pm'd you :)

It sounds dental so don't waste anytime. Mary's vet in London may be closer. Ours is accessible by train and bus. She could have the start of an abscess, maybe they've 'jhust overgrown' but I wouldn't worry about why too much, get her looked at promptly. :)

Let me know if you want details of my vet.They are in Ewell Surrey,near the bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back