• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP QUICKLY!

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

Hi, a friend of mine has a grand-daughter who has guinea pigs and just called me for some advice, i gave the best i could but thought naybe you guys could help me out a bit, the guinea pig is not eating, has been like this for 2 days now, is sat puffed up and doesnt appear to be able to move any of its left side, i told hin its quite possibly some kind of stroke leaving the body unable to move maybe, anbd to check its teeth , ive got some critical care at home which i can give them to try and get it eating againm its still alive this morn n they are gunna try n get it to the vets later on today..what else could it be, and what else can they do?

Agree, vets ASAP. It does sound like some sort of stroke, let us know what happens. O0

Could be paralysis, maybe he's toppled over on his left side or something, VETS asap!

VETS VETS VETS! give us a update on the poor piggy!

I told him that this morning, I dont know his number so I can't call him, he rang me at work..he delivers for my boss's business and doesnt work mondays but i'll be seeing him tomorrow morning and i'll ask how his daughter got in with her kids guinea pig (didnt give me a name for it lol) i do hope its ok, it doesnt sound good for the little one but to last for 2 days like that its pretty good going

Do you think they have the money to pay for veterinary treatment? If not it might be better to advise them to hand the guinea to a rescue. ? Let us know what they say. :)

yeah i think so, his daughter and her partner both work i think..the guy i know is in his 70's its his daughters children who the guinea belongs to, so idont think money is an issue :)

spudnik said:
yeah i think so, his daughter and her partner both work i think..the guy i know is in his 70's its his daughters children who the guinea belongs to, so idont think money is an issue :)

Oh that's alright then. I thought they might not of had the funds since they didn't take her to the vets sooner. :)

Sadly, the guinea pig has died :(

they took it to the vets yesterday, where it had 2 injections and given some meds..the vet also said it was too young to have a stroke..i thought they could have them at any age ? it was approx 18months old.

Rip little one.

I am saddened to hear this, at least he/she is not suffering anymore. R.I.P. little one. :'(

I am pretty sure you can have a stroke at any age, of course it is more common in old age. ? :)

RIP darling, no more suffering poor little one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back