Help please

Sophie @2003

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have had two female sows now just under a year and I am absolutely heart broken that I am having to get rid of them as I have taken on a new job and I cannot give them the time they need anymore they have been on load of selling sites for animals and no one seem to be interested they come with a full c and c cage set up with extra for 40 pound witch I don’t think is bad at all but now on Friday I will be moving house and they do not allow animals at all so not to sure what to do I don’t live near any rescue centres at all and I have tried taken them to three different pet shop and there all wanting me to pay them 30 pound to take them

Attachments

• A01D45A6-7EAE-4F90-B5C6-98B93E178BE1.webp
    A01D45A6-7EAE-4F90-B5C6-98B93E178BE1.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
  • B6AF4386-C731-4DBF-8CED-D287A4660D50.webp
    B6AF4386-C731-4DBF-8CED-D287A4660D50.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 9
So I have had two female sows now just under a year and I am absolutely heart broken that I am having to get rid of them as I have taken on a new job and I cannot give them the time they need anymore they have been on load of selling sites for animals and no one seem to be interested they come with a full c and c cage set up with extra for 40 pound witch I don’t think is bad at all but now on Friday I will be moving house and they do not allow animals at all so not to sure what to do I don’t live near any rescue centres at all and I have tried taken them to three different pet shop and there all wanting me to pay them 30 pound to take them

Hi

Have you tried to contact Milhaven Guinea Pig Rescue in Keighley?
Guinea-pig-forum-recommended-rescues

Unfortunately for you, guinea pigs and other pets are currently got rid of left right and centre as fast as possible due to the massive rise in living cost onto services that are already struggling with the post-pandemic pet dump. :(

So I have had two female sows now just under a year and I am absolutely heart broken that I am having to get rid of them as I have taken on a new job and I cannot give them the time they need anymore they have been on load of selling sites for animals and no one seem to be interested they come with a full c and c cage set up with extra for 40 pound witch I don’t think is bad at all but now on Friday I will be moving house and they do not allow animals at all so not to sure what to do I don’t live near any rescue centres at all and I have tried taken them to three different pet shop and there all wanting me to pay them 30 pound to take the

I am so sorry to read this. I pray the animals were found a home. I live in America and we have rabbit rescues that take guineas too, so if rabbit rescues take guineas here in th US, you must have a rescue call it. Please try everything,

Could you take them to a family member just to give you a bit more time to find them their forever home? Good luck. I hope you can give them to a rescue as then you will be assured they will be looked after.

Please do try and contact a rescue from our list (linked about) to take them.
That way you will know they will go to a properly checked home with a life time of back up.

Even if this means travelling (hiring a car, taxi ride, asking a family member to the you) it is in the best interests of your piggies.

If you really can't find a dedicated guinea pig rescue that can take them, have you tried the local RSPCA?
Or contacting your vet to ask if they know of anybody? My own vet has called me a few times in the past when she has had small pet owners come in with rabbits/hamsters/guinea pigs they can no longer care for.
If your vet has a notice board you could always put a card up there too.

Try and get good, clear photos of them on a neutral background too - so many people are having to get rid of small pets, that nice photos can help attract more interest.
I really hope you can find a good solution for your piggies in time.

Back