Help please

EmeElfy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I recently got two guinea pigs and I thought I could take care of them, but now I dont think I can. Financially I'm pretty okay but mentally its really taking a toll, I got sick and I need to put my other pet down and I dont know if I can deal with being sick and caring for them while grieving. I dont want to adopt them off but I also feel it would be for the best, can I get any advice?

Hi and welcome. I am so sorry for your predicament. The fact that you are tormenting yourself with this decision shows how much you care for your piggies. It's not an easy decision at all but if you are struggling it's definitely worth considering. I recently rehomed my last remaining piggy and it was so hard to do. We had decided no more piggies and didn't want her living alone as it wasn't best for her. I'm lucky that she went to a 5* home from this forum so I have had updates and can see how very happy she is which does ease things. Please rest assured that your piggies know how much you love them.

We also have an article on grieving I will find and link for you as it sounds like you have already started the bereavement process

hello and welcome
So sorry for your recent loss, it takes it toll. Is there anyone in your family or friend group that could take care of them temporarily while you get better, you may find you just need some time to grieve for your other pet, then you can take back the responsibility and enjoy your guinea pigs, they can bring so much joy. If not, then your best option is to find a good rescue if you feel you are too poorly to care for your piggiees and give them a second chance of a good home. Hope you feel better soon, take care :hug:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...rescues.html&usg=AOvVaw0l2UWbVzhSlC7VHN1tBTyg

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry you are unwell and are having to make the difficult decision to help your pet over the rainbow bridge. I had to make this same awful decision in November when my 16.5 year old border terrier was diagnosed with a brain tumour. I was heartbroken. But my piggies really helped me emotionally. Yours may well help you too at this difficult time. I hope you get better soon. If a family member could foster them for a short while that could give you a bit of breathing space. Or if you feel you really cannot cope with them anymore then please take them to a non kill rescue shelter. Where they will find them their next family. Take care.

Back