• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1sttimepiggie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I went to see my piggie today and he has a strange bite/sore on his back. Also, it looks like he has lost some slight fur round his neck area. I`m not sure if this is mites or something like it.
I`ll be taken him to the vets tomorrow, but i`m just wondering in the meantime.

Thanks
Annette :( :( :(

Thanks for all your help, I took Gordon to the vets today, and yes you were right, it is mites, so he had a injection and another has to have another one in a few weeks, I am so happy he is ok :D :D :D
Thanks again for your help
Annette

Lets hope he recovers well 0:) I'm sure he will be mite free in no time O0

The second Ivermectin dose should be around 10 days,not a few weeks.If any eggs are laid they will hatch in approx 10 days, It is not necessary any more to give Ivermectin by a painful inkj.It can be given or topically.I prefer the topical route but I know some members prefer the oral route.Ask your vet about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back