• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hiya,One of my guinea pigs is losing fur and you can see the skin ,i have washed it with special mites sampoo,so will see if it clears up in next few days!what else could it be?

If you look on the gorgeous guineas website, there is a gel called Tamanu Gel. It is intended for pregnant sows who have fungal/skin problems and lose hair but we have used it on various other pigs who have had some hair loss.

It soothes the area and needs to be applied two/three times a day until the hair starts to grow back.

http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/pregnantsows.html

i would recommend the microneem or the coconeem melt tbh if the pig isnt pregnant

As above. Email Chrissie if you're not sure or treat for mites and fungal with a CocoNeem Melt and Manuka and Neem shampoo, they will, as Lez said, also need oral Ivermectin- no need for injections.

Haven't had to use the gel :)

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back