• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help please..

• Thread starter Thread starter angie110
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angie110

Ive been worried about one of my guineas, hes been acting really withdrawn and doesnt seem to be eating or moving much, and when he wees its like a white/yellow discharge. is there anything seriously wrong? has this ever happened to anyone else before?

Sorry I don't know about the discharge :-\
Any piggy who seems "not themselves" & is off their food needs to see a vet, it sounds like there is obviously something wrong with him :(

yeah I'm ringing the vets up in a minute to get an appointment. i just hope theres nothing wrong with him :(
thankyou for the reply though.

angie110 said:
yeah I'm ringing the vets up in a minute to get an appointment. i just hope theres nothing wrong with him :(
thankyou for the reply though.

Good Luck & please let us know how he gets on :)

One of my girls had a powdery white discharge when she wee'd, she had cystitis and is fine now. I'm not sure though sorry, hope he's ok x

Make sure he's eating. If he's not then hand feed his fave foods- strips seem to be good :) Is he eating at all? If so what are poops like?

thanks for everyones replys :)

i think the reason he wasnt eating was he was feeling intimidated by his cagebuddie because when i removed him from his cage and put him in one on his own to keep a closer eye on him, he actually started to eat, I'm not sure whether the discharge is something else but I'm going to get that looked at. but i noticed he was on the skinny side compared to my other guineas so now I'm going to get him a cage of his own tomorrow.

do you think he will be okay on his own or should i try putting in one of my other boys (from a different group) in a few days when hes a bit better? i dont want him to get lonely :(

White urine isn't unusual but get it looked at- we can't see it (or do we want to :) ). Perhaps he was being bullied then but I'd keep a closer eye on him and try him with other buddies :)

i dont think youd want to see it, i dont have any proof of it as he peed all over my t-shirt lol so it went straight in the wash.
thanks for the advice :) its much apreciated

just thought id post up a picture of him :smitten: his name is dusty
100507182223.jpg

Oh I know what it is now- he needs to come and live with me on Planet Guinea! :) Total Babe. :smitten:

a very beautiful guinea :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Do let us know how you get on.

He is stunning and suits his name so much :smitten: hope he's feeling better soon. Lots of treats and cuddles for him! x

oh yeah ill be raiding our local fruit and veg shop tomorrow ;D

i think he`ll be happy when he gets his new home tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back